Learn how to apply the controls of the CIS Critical Controls.
The CIS Controls™ provide prioritised cybersecurity best practices, from the Center for Internet Security.
This course prepares students with the practical skills required by CIS Critical Controls, and to become more valuable to businesses worldwide who are interested in hiring or working such skilled people.
Students are taken through a series of sessions focused on helping them to appreciate how the content of the CIS Critical Controls Certification is applied in business and daily life.
Benefits of this course
Students will develop practical skills which can help them in the following ways:
- Apply all twenty (20) CIS controls
- Get hired by companies
- Launch their own small business
- Expand their existing skillset
Businesses will develop more skilled internal talent who can support operations in the following areas:
- Basic Controls
- Foundational Controls
- Organizational Controls
We are looking for students who are:
- Serious about developing the skills covered by the CIS Critical Controls.
- Serious about passing the CIS Critical Controls exam.
Important things about this course
- At least 60% of this course's content is practical and requires students to have a strong personal initiative to apply themselves and learn.
- All students must have full access to a personal computer running either Windows or Linux to participate.
- All student PCs must have a functioning MIC and camera.
- All classes are virtual and require a good stable internet connection.
If you are unfamiliar with the CIS Critical Controls, you may visit its page on the provider's website by clicking HERE.