Learn the skills required of the CompTIA Security+ certification.
Security+ is an entry-level cyber security certification by CompTIA, an international provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications.
This course prepares students with the practical skills required by the CompTIA Security+, and to become more valuable to businesses worldwide who are interested in hiring or working such skilled people.
CompTIA describes their CASP certification as "CASP+ covers the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualise, engineer, integrate and implement secure solutions across complex environments to support a resilient enterprise."
Students are taken through a series of sessions focused on helping them to appreciate how the content of the Security+ Certification is applied in business and daily life.
Our Security+ course is continuously re-aligned to the latest version of the certification.
Benefits of this course
Students will develop practical skills which can help them in the following ways:
- Pass the CompTIA Security+ certification
- Get hired by companies
- Launch their own small business
- Expand their existing skillset
Businesses will develop more skilled internal talent who can support operations in the following foundational areas:
- Identify, assess and communicate threats, attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Learn and apply common security technologies and tools.
- Assess, implement and communicate good security architecture and design.
- Identify, assess and implement good access management controls.
- Assess, communicate and respond to security risk management practices.
- Compare, and implement good cryptography and PKI (Public Key Infrastructure).
Who should register?
- Anyone who seriously want to learn the skills covered by the CompTIA Security+ Certification.
- Anyone who is seriously interested to sit the CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
Important things about this course
- At least 60% of this course's content is practical and requires students to have a strong personal initiative to apply themselves and learn.
- All students must have full access to a personal computer running either Windows or Linux to participate.
- All student PCs must have a functioning MIC and camera.
- All classes are virtual and require a good stable internet connection.
About the official exam (from CompTIA)
- Number of questions: maximum 90
- Exam duration: 90 minutes
- Exam format: Multiple choice and performance-based
- Exam delivery: computer-based
- Passing Score: Pass/Fail only. No scaled score.
- Recommended experience: A minimum of ten years of experience in IT administration, including at least five years of hands-on technical security experience
If you are unfamiliar with the CompTIA Security+ Certification, you may visit CompTIA's website by clicking HERE.