Learn how to apply the controls of NIST SP 800-53.
NIST SP 800-53 is a database of security controls and associated assessment procedures by NIST, a non-regulatory agency of the U.S. Commerce Department.
This course prepares students with the practical skills to apply NIST SP 800-53, and to become more valuable to businesses worldwide who are interested in hiring or working such skilled people.
Students are taken through a series of sessions focused on helping them to appreciate how the content of NIST SP 800-53 is applied in business and daily life.
Benefits of this course
Students will develop practical skills which can help them in the following ways:
- Apply NIST SP 800-53 in a business
- Get hired by companies
- Launch their own small business
- Expand their existing skillset
Businesses will develop more skilled internal talent who can support operations in the following ways:
- Mature an organisation security operations
- Applying low-impact security controls
- Applying moderate-impact security controls
- Applying high-impact security controls
We are looking for students who are:
- Serious about learning how to apply NIST SP 800-53 in a business.
- Serious about learning how to apply good security controls in a business.
Important things about this course
- At least 60% of this course's content is practical and requires students to have a strong personal initiative to apply themselves and learn.
- All students must have full access to a personal computer running either Windows or Linux to participate.
- All student PCs must have a functioning MIC and camera.
- All classes are virtual and require a good stable internet connection.
If you are unfamiliar with the NIST SP 800-53, you may visit its page on NIST's website by clicking HERE.