Learn how to apply the controls of the NIST CSF.
NIST CSF (Cybersecurity Framework) consists of standards, guidelines, and best practices to manage cybersecurity-related risk. NIST is a non-regulatory agency of the U.S. Commerce Department.
This course prepares students with the practical skills to apply NIST CSF, and to become more valuable to businesses worldwide who are interested in hiring or working such skilled people.
The CSF uses a prioritised, flexible, and cost-effective approach helps to promote the protection and resilience of critical infrastructure and other sectors important to the economy and national security
Students are taken through a series of sessions focused on helping them to appreciate how the content of NIST CSF is applied in business and daily life.
Benefits of this course
Students will develop practical skills which can help them in the following ways:
- Apply NIST CSF in a business
- Get hired by companies
- Launch their own small business
- Expand their existing skillset
Businesses will develop more skilled internal talent who can support operations in the following functions:
Deeper in each of the five (5) functions, students will be trained across:
- 23 categories
- 108 sub-categories
We are looking for students who are:
- Serious about learning how to apply NIST CSF in a business.
- Serious about learning how to apply good cyber security controls in a business.
Important things about this course
- At least 60% of this course's content is practical and requires students to have a strong personal initiative to apply themselves and learn.
- All students must have full access to a personal computer running either Windows or Linux to participate.
- All student PCs must have a functioning MIC and camera.
- All classes are virtual and require a good stable internet connection.
If you are unfamiliar with the NIST CSF, you may visit its page on it's page on NIST's website by clicking HERE.