Learn how to apply the testing procedures of the OWASP ASVS.
ASVS is a project which provides a basis for testing web application technical security controls and also provides developers with a list of requirements for secure development. OWASP is a not-for-profit charitable organization focused on improving the security of software. Their mission is to make software security visible, so people and businesses can make informed decisions.
This course prepares students with the practical skills required by the OWASP ASVS, and to become more valuable to businesses worldwide who are interested in hiring or working such skilled people.
Students are taken through a series of sessions focused on helping them to appreciate how the content of the ASVS Certification is applied in business and daily life.
Benefits of this course
Students will develop practical skills which can help them in the following ways:
- Get hired by companies
- Launch their own small business
- Expand their existing skillset
Businesses will develop more skilled internal talent who can support the securing applications in the following areas:
- Session Management
- Access Controls
- Validation, Sanitaation and Encoding
- Stored Cryptography
- Error Handling and Logging
- Data Handling
- Malicious Code
- Business Logic
- Files and Resources
- API Web Services
We are looking for students who are:
- Serious about learning how to apply OWASP ASVS in a business.
- Serious about learning how to apply good application security controls.
Important things about this course
- At least 60% of this course's content is practical and requires students to have a strong personal initiative to apply themselves and learn.
- All students must have full access to a personal computer running either Windows or Linux to participate.
- All student PCs must have a functioning MIC and camera.
- All classes are virtual and require a good stable internet connection.
If you are unfamiliar with the ASVS, you may visit its page on OWASP's website by clicking HERE.