Learn how to apply the testing procedures of the OWASP Testing Guide.
The OWASP Testing Guide is an application penetration testing framework which users can implement in their organisations and a "low level" penetration testing guide that describes techniques for testing most common web application and web service security issues. It's owned by OWASP, a not-for-profit charitable organization focused on improving the security of software. Their mission is to make software security visible, so people and businesses can make informed decisions.
This course prepares students with the practical skills required by the OWASP Testing Guide, and to become more valuable to businesses worldwide who are interested in hiring or working such skilled people.
Students are taken through a series of sessions focused on helping them to appreciate how the content of the Testing Guide Certification is applied in business and daily life.
Benefits of this course
Students will develop practical skills which can help them in the following ways:
- Get hired by companies
- Launch their own small business
- Expand their existing skillset
Businesses will develop more skilled internal talent who can support perform security testing assessment on applications in the following areas:
- Configuration and Deployment Management
- Identity Management
- Session Management
- Input Validation
- Error Handling
- Business Logic
We are looking for students who are:
- Serious about learning how to apply the OWASP Testing Guide against a business application.
- Serious about learning how to test applications for security vulnerabilities.
Important things about this course
- At least 60% of this course's content is practical and requires students to have a strong personal initiative to apply themselves and learn.
- All students must have full access to a personal computer running either Windows or Linux to participate.
- All student PCs must have a functioning MIC and camera.
- All classes are virtual and require a good stable internet connection.
If you are unfamiliar with the Testing Guide, you may visit its page on OWASP's website by clicking HERE.