Learn the skills required of the PCI DSS.
The PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) is an information security standard for organisations who store, process or transmit Card Holder Data. PCI DSS compliance is regulated by the PCI Security Standards Council, a global forum for the ongoing development, enhancement, storage, dissemination and implementation of security standards for account data protection.
This course prepares students with the practical skills required by the PCI DSS, and to become more valuable to businesses worldwide who are interested in hiring or working such skilled people.
Students are taken through a series of sessions focused on helping students to see how the content of the PCI DSS Certification is applied in business and daily life.
Benefits of this course
Students will develop practical skills which can help them in the following ways:
- Get hired by companies
- Launch their own small business
- Expand their existing skillset
Businesses will develop more skilled internal talent who can support operational development n the following areas towards PCI compliance:
- Build and Maintain a Secure Network
- Protect Cardholder Data Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
- Implement Strong Access Control Measures
- Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
- Maintain an Information Security Policy
We are looking for students who are:
- Serious about learning how to apply the PCI DSS against a business regulated by the PCI Security Standards Council.
- Serious about learning how to apply good security controls towards protecting Card Holder Data (CHD).
Important things about this course
- At least 60% of this course's content is practical and requires students to have a strong personal initiative to apply themselves and learn.
- All students must have full access to a personal computer running either Windows or Linux to participate.
- All student PCs must have a functioning MIC and camera.
- All classes are virtual and require a good stable internet connection.
If you are unfamiliar with the PCI DSS, you may visit PCI's website by clicking HERE.